Tuesday, February 9, 2010

LARPing at the con

More or less getting everything ready for Dundracon, and have now had a chance to thing about what I am going to do for fun there. Of course, on Sunday I will be playing in the Warhammer tournament with my beloved Skaven, but what do do with the rest of the weekend (while not manning my booth with Winter)? Normally I would sit around with my Warhammer friends drinking and playing board games until we had cleared a circle of tables around us at least 20 feet deep, but last year a couple friends of mine and I were playing Arkham Horror when the hottest girl at the con sat down (with her lame ponytail boyfriend) to play. She was not just con hot but honest to god hot and seemed more than a little wild. They were both wearing themed costumes and were there to LARP (Live Action Role Play). I remembered what a good friend of mine once told me: "Dave, LARPers are the freaks of the gaming community, but if you want to hook up with hot girls at a con, it's the only way." So I guess this year I will be LARPing.

By the way, finding hilarious LARP videos online is not even challenging. One of my favorites involves a giant Tree Man.



I can only hope my costume is this good.

Check out all my blogs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment